TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. FEATURES OF THE eMDs SERVICES
Fill-out and submit three (3) copies of the eMDS Enrollment form.
Services and Business Rules
- We acknowledge that eMDS is a facility granted by the Land Bank of the Philippines (LANDBANK/Bank) which we may avail of for as long as it is offered, provided that we continue to be qualified under its terms and conditions.
- Only enrolled MDS accounts can be accessed via eMDS with the use of an internet enabled computer (works best with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher) and its corresponding User ID, and Password.
- We understand that for our own safety, after enrollment, our User ID will only be activated upon our request. LANDBANK will lock our User ID should the wrong Password be used three (3) times.
- While eMDS is available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, but some or all of the services may not be available at certain times due to designated service and maintenance periods, computer/telecommunication/electrical/network failure, and/or any other reasons beyond LANDBANK's control.
- Online transactions initiated through eMDS before system downtime on a banking day shall be posted to our account on the same day. All transactions completed after system downtime on a banking day will be posted on the next banking day. Banking days are from Monday through Friday, except banking holidays.
- ACIC - We can create, approve, cancel, load (or forward) and inquire Advice of Checks Issued & Cancelled (ACIC) in the system. We are also allowed to inquire the check status of MDS accounts.
- NTA - We are allowed to create, approve and inquire Notice of Transfer Allocation (NTA).
- LDDAP-IC - We are allowed to create, inquire and approve List of Due and Demandable Accounts Payable for Internal Creditors (LDDAP-IC). We acknowledge that LDDAP-IC transactions will only be processed after twenty-four (24) hours.
- CHECKBOOK REQUISITION - We are allowed to request, inquire and approve checkbook requests. We acknowledge that checkbook requests are only accepted upon branch approval.
- ACCOUNT INFORMATION - We are allowed to inquire MDS accounts, Internal Creditors, Transaction History, and Today's Transaction History.
- PENDING TRANSACTIONS - We are allowed to inquire transactions that are not yet approved by the authorizer. We acknowledge that the authorizer can only authorize transactions of MDS Sub Accounts that are assigned to him/her.
- ADMINISTRATION - We are allowed to change our password and challenge questions, and also to inquire the following: access log, eMDS transaction log and audit report.
- SEED FUND REPLENISHMENT - We are allowed to replenish seed fund requests, and to acknowledge and inquire seed fund replenishment requests. We acknowledge that this transaction is available to the Bureau of Treasury (BTr) only.
II. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- LANDBANK shall provide us the eMDS internet banking services in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations, particularly, Republic Act 8792 (E-Commerce Law), as well as LANDBANK's business rules and regulations relative to the operation of the eMDS internet banking facility.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement by giving a written notice ten (10) banking days in advance.
- Effectivity of account deletion shall be within five (5) banking days upon the servicing branch's generation of the receipt of request for deletion.
- Any transaction initiated on an enrolled account prior to its deletion is considered an eligible transaction for approval.
- We recognize LANDBANK's proprietary interest in eMDS and we shall use its modules for the intended purpose only.
- We shall have sole access to our eMDS accounts by taking the necessary steps to keep our User ID, and Password confidential. We authorize the Bank to act upon any instructions which are identified by the use of our User ID, and Password. We hereby accept full responsibility and accountability for all transactions executed via eMDS.
- We undertake to change our Password from time to time as we deem necessary. Request for resetting password by the authorized user shall be officially recognized by the Bank unless revoked by the Agency Authorized Signatory.
- LANDBANK shall consider as valid and binding any instruction given or transaction made by any person using our User ID and Password. LANDBANK shall not be liable for any unauthorized action or transaction using our User ID and Password. The Bank shall not be obliged to investigate the authenticity of instructions or the authority of the persons sending the same via eMDS. However, LANDBANK is entitled to verify any instruction given through e-mail, telephone or any other means.
- LANDBANK may cancel or refuse to execute any of our instructions at any time without incurring any liability if these are against bank policies and eMDS business rules, deemed illegal and/or detrimental to the bank without prior notice.
- For multiple transactions coming from one (1) account with insufficient balance, LANDBANK, in its sole discretion, may determine which of the transaction requests to complete.
- We shall verify, check and validate all our eMDS transactions and maintenance if these have been processed by eMDS. If not, we shall notify LANDBANK immediately through email, telephone or any other means.
- A Transaction Reference Number shall be assigned in every submitted transaction. However, a financial transaction may be denied for non-compliance of terms and conditions and business rules of the eMDS (e.g. if the designated MDS Sub Account is insufficiently funded, Account Number is incorrect).
- Confirmation for every transaction conducted through eMDS shall be through the Acknowledgment Page or Transaction History module of eMDS, which we can print from our own computer terminal. Otherwise, we can verify through the monthly bank statements issued by our servicing branch.
- We shall provide LANDBANK with a correct and operational email address. The Bank shall not be liable for any undelivered emails or for unauthorized interception or use of data relating to us or to our account(s). We shall promptly notify the Bank of any change in our e-mail address, contact numbers, business address or any other information which may affect communication, through email, telephone or any other means.
- We shall notify LANDBANK immediately upon receipt of any data or information through eMDS not intended for us. We shall delete such data or information from our terminal immediately. We shall ensure the strict confidentiality of such information.
- We shall promptly report any discrepancies, omissions, inaccuracies or incorrect entries in LANDBANK's statement, any unauthorized transactions made and instructions not implemented through e-mail, telephone or any other means.
- In case our MDS Sub Account is tagged with special instructions, we shall hold LANDBANK free from any obligation and liability on the effects of these special instructions on our transactions.
- LANDBANK may also deactivate, suspend or discontinue any service due to mishandling of accounts as defined by the Bank's standard operating procedures or, if in the Bank's judgment, our continued access of eMDS may adversely affect the security of the system without prior notice.
- LANDBANK may limit our use of the services or terminate this Agreement once our account becomes dormant or closed, or has violated any of the terms and conditions and business rules of eMDS.
- LANDBANK reserves the right to determine the scope of eMDS, to change the daily cut-off time, and to modify, restrict, withdraw, cancel or disconnect any service without prior notice. In such cases, LANDBANK shall coordinate with us through e-mail, telephone or any other means.
- LANDBANK may amend/supplement this Agreement from time to time with effectivity date as specified in the e-mail notice. Notice of the amendment/supplement sent through e-mail at the address shown on our account records shall suffice. Thereafter, continued use of the eMDS will constitute acceptance of the modification/supplement to the Agreement.
- LANDBANK may, in the future, impose charges on this arrangement within legal and regulatory limits and we hereby authorize the Bank to impose the said charges accordingly upon notice through email, telephone or any other means without need for further demand, notice or consent. The Bank shall not be held liable for the failure of transactions due to insufficient funds resulting from the deduction of authorized charges.
- LANDBANK shall not be liable for any cause beyond its control such as problems due to maintenance, telecommunication, electrical, network failure, computer hardware or software (including viruses and bugs) or related/incidental problems that may be attributed to the services of an information service provider.
- LANDBANK shall not be liable for any loss or damage in connection with any unauthorized interception or use of data relating to us or our account(s), including the missending thereof.
- We agree to be bound by the laws, rules, regulations and official issuances applicable to eMDS that currently exist or which may be issued, as well as such other terms and conditions governing the use of other facilities, benefits or services the Bank may make available to us in connection with eMDS.
We hereby certify to have read and understand the foregoing terms and conditions. Further we agree to be governed by the provisions of these terms and conditions.
Signature over Printed Name of Authorized Signatory